Friday, October 3, 2008

The second bakery attack 2

Along now, I leaned over the edge of my boat and looked down to the bottom of the sea. The volcano was gone. The waters calm surface reflected the blue of the sky. Little waves-like silk pajamas fluttering in a breeze-lapped against the side of the boat.
I stretched out in the bottom of the boat and closed my eyes, waiting for the rising tide to carry me where I belonged.


I think that this represents the narrators feelings. This story that he was telling was actually trying to tell him that he needed to get rid of the curse. The volcano symbolized this curse or story that had been building up in him and he needed to get it out. Once he got it out and "tried to undo it" it went away and everything finally fell into place. It was like he was able to finally live the life he always wanted to. I took the last line as though he was saying he is going to wait for whatever comes his way, and it will just bring him to where he is really supposed to belong. He isn't going to worry anymore because things seem to just work out. It seems that everything will be better for them though with how happy it ended with the blue skies and calm, soft waves.

No comments: